YouTube has a reputation for being harsh on their comments. Draw your line on just how harsh or inappropriate you’re willing to put up with and then use these steps to report the comment or user to YouTube as a hate crime. YouTube takes things like this very seriously. A first step without reporting could also be to delete the comments and block the user. Also consider making it so posts and comments must be approved by you before posted on any of your videos. We all see/receive hate comments on YouTube videos. We all get them, we all see them all over the place – one particular video that has over 160,000 views received 25 hate messages from the same troll. Here’s some info on how to report them as hate speech, in addition to just voting them down.
1. Click on “Safety” at bottom of page
2. Click on “Harassment and Cyberbullying” and “Continue”
3. Half way down the page click on “Help and Safety Tool”
4. In the options click “Hate Speech”
5. Click “yes”
6. Click “This user is using hate speech against a protected group” (you’ll see Transgender in the list)
7. Enter the Username to report and Continue
8. Click “(username) is using hate speech against a protected group” AND “Gender”
9. Click “Video Comments”
10. Insert the Video ID number from the URL (the string of #’s/letters after “watch?=”
11. Tick the hate comments listed and Continue
12. Tick “block user” and Continue
13. In the Additional Notes put “Transgender Hate Comments”.
Obviously this is the same process to report other types of hate, just choose the appropriate options.